Amaravati, July 20:
The Excise Department is geared up for ensuring revenue collection and also ensuring that Government’s policy of reduction in consumption of liquor is followed in letter and spirit.
Video Conference was held by the Special Chief Secretary along with MD, APSBCL and Additional Commissioner with all the Deputy Commissioners, Excise Superintendents, Depot Managers of the entire State wherein the following were highlighted:
1) Andhra Pradesh Government while reducing the number of shops from the earlier 4500 to 2934 has ensured that there is lesser consumption of liquor in the State. This has been followed by effective management of the shops and also frequent control measures taken against the distillation of illicit liquor and smuggling.
2) Several raids have been held by Special Enforcement Bureau, Excise Department and the Vigilance Squads. This has yielded good results as evinced by the acts on that the Department not only been able to retain its revenue collection but also show a steady increase in the revenues.
3) The consumption of Beer is falling during the last few years by 70% and that of IMFL by 40%.
4) The Deputy Commissioners, Excise Superintendents and Depot Managers cautioned to ensure that there is revenue maximization and also to take effective measures for control of illicit liquor.
5) They were also instructed to ensure that any information related to ID, etc., which comes to the notice of them may be informed to the control room, in case it is necessary, to Managing Director for taking immediate action without wasting time. Further, they were asked to look at some of the non performing shops and any valid reasons including availability of ID or smuggled liquor in any case required the repositioning of shops. Specific targets were given to ensure that this is completed within the next 15 days.
6) The Deputy Commissioners / District Administration to frequently do random checks at shops and also to brief the Joint Collectors in the districts looking into the cases on regular basis.
7) It is also decided that the Government would be sensitizing the Deputy Commissioners and District Administration of the work of Department to ensure that the policies of the Government are reflected positively.